Attendance & Reporting Absences
The school day begins at 7:40 A.M. and ends at 2:30 P.M.
The parent/guardian of any student who will be absent or will be dismissed for part of the day needs to contact the Attendance Officer, Ms. Cheryl Mixon at 781-274-1026.
- The parent/guardian of any student who will be absent, tardy, or dismissed for part of the day needs to contact the Attendance Supervisor, Ms. Cheryl Mixon at 781-274-1026.
- Please contact the attendance office by 9:00 AM if you need to schedule an early dismissal for an appointment. We encourage appointments to be scheduled for after school to avoid missing class time.
- Students are expected to return to school or come in late if they have an appointment scheduled during school hours.
- Get doctor’s note(s) any time you visit the doctor to excuse the absence(s). Notes must be turned into Ms. Mixon within 48 hours of the student returning to school.
- Dismissals by the nurse MAY be excused at the nurse’s discretion or excused if a doctor’s note is turned in within 48 hours of the student returning to school.
- Family vacations are discouraged when school is in session.
- Death in the family
- Doctor verified illness (note needs to be provided)
- Religious holidays
- Court/legal matters (verification to be provided to the principal)
- College visits (3 per year for juniors and seniors only)
- Union Tests & Program Certification Tests (verified by the CTE director)
- School-sponsored trips
- Extenuating circumstances (approved by the principal or attendance supervisor)
- Out-of-school suspensions
For more details about attendance, please refer to the Student-Parent Handbook