Attendance & Reporting Absences
The parent/guardian of any student who will be absent or will be dismissed for part of the day needs to contact the Assistant to the Assistant Principal, Ms. Nicole Merola at (781) 274-1026 or email email@example.com.
- The parent/guardian of any student who will be absent, tardy, or dismissed for part of the day needs to contact the Assistant to the Assistant Principal, Ms. Nicole Merola at (781) 274-1026.
- Please contact the attendance office by 9:00 AM if you need to schedule an early dismissal for an appointment. We encourage appointments to be scheduled for after school to avoid missing class time.
- Students are expected to return to school or come in late if they have an appointment scheduled during school hours.
- Get doctor’s note(s) any time you visit the doctor to excuse the absence(s). Notes must be turned into Ms. Merola within 48 hours of the student returning to school.
- Dismissals by the nurse MAY be excused at the nurse’s discretion or excused if a doctor’s note is turned in within 48 hours of the student returning to school.
- Family vacations are discouraged when school is in session.
- Death in the family
- Doctor verified illness (note needs to be provided)
- Religious holidays
- Court/legal matters (verification to be provided to the principal)
- College visits (3 per year for juniors and seniors only)
- Union Tests & Program Certification Tests (verified by the CTE director)
- School-sponsored trips
- Extenuating circumstances (approved by the principal or attendance supervisor)
- Out-of-school suspensions
For more details about attendance, please refer to the Student-Parent Handbook