May 27, 2020 Update: Personal Belongings Pick-Up June 2-4
Principal George Clement issesd the following email to all students, faculty, and staff, on Wednesday, May 27, 2020, at about 4:00 PM:
Dear Minuteman Students, Faculty, and Staff:
As the sun shines brighter and the weather gets warmer, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your resilience, perseverance, and continued efforts to stay active and engaged with learning and one another. I am inspired by your hope and optimism as we prepare for the drive-in graduation ceremony for the Class of 2020 at 2:00 PM on Friday, June 5, along with the final weeks of school for grades 9, 10, and 11.
This letter is to provide all students and staff details on how to retrieve personal belongings from the Minuteman building next week. We will issue another letter for seniors in the coming days with further details about the drive-in graduation ceremony.
From Tuesday, June 2-Thursday, June 4, at the designated times indicated in this letter, students, faculty, and staff will be able to retrieve personal belongings – including caps and gowns for graduating seniors – from the school building. We must adhere to this schedule to ensure physical distancing and safety precautions can be followed.
The Minuteman building will be cleaned and closed until further notice following the graduation ceremony on Friday, June 5. Remote learning for grades 9, 10, and 11, will continue through the scheduled last day of school, Tuesday, June 23.
Please note that Minuteman will follow these safety precautions when students, faculty, and staff, retrieve their personal belongings from the building:
- No one other than Minuteman students or staff/faculty will be allowed in the building.
- There will be a limited number of students allowed inside at any given time.
- Students will be asked to move quickly. This is not a time to socialize with friends.
- Face masks or coverings must be worn at all times.
- Please sanitize your hands upon entry and after departure.
- Do not come to school if you, or anyone in your family or close contacts, has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Please email Assistant Principal Brian Tildsley to make alternative arrangements.
- Do not come to school if, in the past 14 days, you or anyone close to you has experienced symptoms of COVID-19. Please email Mr. Tildsley to make alternative arrangements.
Students in Grades 9, 10, and 11:
Students in grades 9, 10, and 11, may retrieve personal belongings on Tuesday, June 2, or Wednesday, June 3, at the same time as their classmates in their Career Technical Education (CTE) shops, as listed below. Grade 9, 10, and 11 students do not need to return their laptop computers for the summer. Please note: Students in grades 9, 10, and 11, or their parents/guardians must RSVP by emailing Assistant Principal Brian Tildsley. All students should arrive at the school’s main entrance (front door).
Tuesday, June 2:
- 8:15-8:45 AM: Biotechnology and Engineering
- 9:00-9:30 AM: Automotive and Horticulture
- 9:45-10:15 AM: Metal Fabrication and Environmental Science
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Electrical and Cosmetology
Wednesday, June 3:
- 8:15-8:45 AM: Culinary Arts and Design & Visual Communications
- 9:00-9:30 AM: Plumbing and Early Childhood
- 9:45-10:15 AM: Carpentry and Health Assisting
- 10:30-11:00 AM: Programming/Web and Robotics
- 11:15-11:45 AM: Advanced Manufacturing and Multimedia Engineering
Students in Grade 12
All seniors are required to retrieve their personal belongings – along with their caps and gowns for graduation – and return school property during the designated time slots listed below. Students are grouped by their CTE shops. During their allotted times, seniors are to drop off their computers, uniforms, tools, library books, textbooks, or any other school property. Guidance and medical folders will be returned to students. All students should arrive at the school’s main entrance (front door).
Tuesday, June 2:
- 11:30 AM-12:15 PM: Biotechnology and Engineering
- 12:30-1:15 PM: Automotive and Horticulture
- 1:30-2:15 PM: Metal Fabrication and Environmental Science
- 2:30-3:15 PM: Electrical and Cosmetolog
Wednesday, June 3:
- 12:00-1:00 PM: Culinary Arts and Design & Visual Communications
- 1:15-2:15 PM: Plumbing and Early Childhood
- 2:30-3:15 PM: Carpentry and Health Assisting
- 3:30-4:15 PM: Programming/Web and Robotics
Faculty and Staff
CTE faculty and staff are asked to be present in their designated shop areas on Tuesday, June 2, and Wednesday, June 3, during the times when students will be coming and going (as listed above). It is during these designated times when CTE faculty and staff may remove any personal items if they wish. All faculty and staff should arrive at the school’s main entrance (front door).
Non-CTE faculty and staff are asked to retrieve their personal belongings from their respective areas on Thursday, June 4, during these assigned times:
Thursday, June 4:
- 8:00-9:00 AM: Science (Rooms 1180, 1182, 2091, 2095) and Cafeteria
- 9:15-10:15 AM: Guidance, Library, Athletics, and Rooms 2006-2020.
- 10:30-11:30 AM: Rooms 2523-2535
- 11:45 AM-12:45 PM: Rooms 2208-2218
- 1:00-2:00 PM: All other areas not listed
Please note that faculty and staff are required to follow the same safety protocols as students. No family or friends may accompany faculty or staff into the building; masks or face coverings and social distancing are required. Please note the Minuteman building will be closed after graduation on Friday, June 5, until further notice.
Continue to check your email for additional updates from Minuteman. We are continuing to formulate a plan to re-open our school building in the fall, and continue to await for guidelines from the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Above all, we want to make sure all our students are happy, healthy, and safe. We thank you for your partnership as we plan for a celebratory and smooth end of the school year.
Minuteman High School