Physicals and Immunization Information
NEW – Meningococcal Requirements
Grade 11: 2 doses; second dose MenACWY (formerly MCV4) must be given on or after the 16th birthday and within 8 weeks after the previous dose. 1 dose is acceptable if it was given on or after the 16th birthday. Meningococcal B vaccine is not required and does not meet this requirement. The health office will send reminders to students who are due or overdue for this vaccine. Students have 3 months from their 16th birthday to submit proof of their second dose.
Further Immunization Information
• School immunization requirements apply to all Massachusetts students enrolled in K-12, regardless of whether the district is providing instruction in-person, or using a hybrid or remote learning model.
• We encourage you to schedule any vaccines prior to the start of school or after school on a Friday. Many normal side effects of the flu and meningococcal vaccines are similar to COVID-19 symptoms. If your child receives the vaccine(s) and they have any side effects, please contact their provider for guidance.
• If your child is exempt from vaccines we will need our Minuteman Immunization Requirements Exemption Form completed and returned to the health office. This form is an annual requirement.
Nursing staff ensure immunization records and physical examinations are in compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health's (MA DPH) guidelines. Please review the MA DPH School Immunization Requirements at https://www.mass.gov/info-details/school-immunizations for updates.
Please help us by submitting these required items prior to the first school day:
- Physical Exam, performed within a year of entrance to Minuteman
- Immunization Record from your child's medical provider
- Minuteman Annual Health Form completed by parent/guardian
If you need to request that your child be exempt from the Massachusetts General Law immunization requirements because such requirements conflict with your sincere religious beliefs, please complete an Immunization Requirements Exemption Form on an annual basis.