Letters to Families
Dear Minuteman Family,
As November brings upon us a season of giving thanks, I wanted to take a moment to share a few reasons why I am so thankful, grateful, and blessed.
I am thankful to be a part of the Minuteman school community. It is made up of dynamic people who are committed to giving their all and going above and beyond. Here are some ways I have observed this so far (this list could go on and go and so these are just the highlights):
- Our Lead teachers embracing their role as instructional leaders supporting their departments
- Mentor teachers taking our new teachers under their wings and showing them the way
- Social workers and counselors being there for students as some students struggle with difficult challenges
- Student Ambassadors shining as they demonstrate the best parts of Minuteman—themselves, their experiences, and their relationships with their teachers
- Teachers giving their very best care and knowledge to our students
- Teachers supporting each other, especially in times of need
- Teachers going above and beyond to provide our students access to opportunities such as: learning through competitions with FFA (Future Farmers of America), SkillsUSA, and FIRST Robotics; learning from experts in the industries of STEM and film; and real-life work with our co-op industry partners
- Staff and students being of service both paid and unpaid
- Access provided to learners who, after high school, are looking to find what they love to do and what they do well
- Staff and students who are proud to share who we are and why we welcome those who want to join us. Both Showcase Day and Open House were huge successes!
- Students having opportunities for a well-rounded educational experience through athletics and extracurricular activities
- Students being able to be who they are as they are—the fall school dance made that clear
- Committed parents raising funds for student scholarships through the Minuteman Parents Association, most recently at the Battlegreen Run
- Dedicated alumni giving back to their high school. We were overjoyed to recognize the latest group of inductees to the Hall of Fame
- Colleges, universities, and industries partnering with Minuteman because they see the value in our collaborations
- And of course our support staff—administrative assistants who keep everything together for us and our facilities team who keep our building in tip-top shape.
As thankful as I am, I am even more grateful. I am grateful and appreciative to all those who welcomed me and are giving me the chance to prove myself as your superintendent. Every way I can I work to acknowledge the hard work and dedication of our staff even if it’s with a monthly morning gathering, candy treats during parent conferences, or a meal during one of our professional development Wednesdays. It all comes from the heart with good intentions and in an effort to say, “Thank you.”
I am grateful to my administration for their support and their guidance as I transition into my new role. We all know they are integral in the leadership of Minuteman.
And to our School Committee, I am more than grateful for their unwavering support of Minuteman.
So, if you hadn’t thought about it lately or you’ve known it all along, we are truly blessed to be here at Minuteman. I know I am and I do not take it for granted.
During this season of thanks, I am thankful, grateful, and truly blessed for you and because of our Minuteman family!
Wishing you a bountiful and restful holiday…