Letters to Families
Dear Minuteman Advisory Committee and Industry Partners,
As November brings upon us a season of giving thanks, I wanted to take a moment to share a few reasons why I am so thankful, grateful, and blessed.
I am thankful to be a part of the Minuteman school community. It is made up of dynamic people who are committed to giving their all and going above and beyond.
- Students continue to impress all of us every day. From their dedication in the classroom, to their excellence in athletics and community service, to their hard work on the job site, Minuteman High School students remind us why we do what we do.
- Teachers and staff give their very best care and knowledge to our students, which goes above and beyond what’s expected of them. They provide students the support to succeed through classroom learning, hands-on work in their career technical education majors, and competitions with networks like FFA (Future Farmers of America), SkillsUSA, and FIRST Robotics.
- Industry partners – such as you! – give our students highly valuable, real-life learning experiences through the Cooperative Education Program (Co-Op.) Advisory Committee members play a critical role in helping our teachers and administrators formulate career technical education curriculum, purchasing of equipment, and making sure what we are teaching is relevant to the economy of today and tomorrow.
You are the cornerstone that provides our students a revolutionary, competitive advantage. Your support helps Minuteman maintain its status as one of the best career technical education high schools in the region and allows our students to become highly skilled in areas that grow our regional economy.
As thankful as I am, I am even more grateful. I am grateful and appreciative to all those who welcomed me and are giving me the chance to prove myself as your superintendent. During this season of thanks, I am thankful, grateful, and truly blessed for you and because of our Minuteman family!
Wishing you a bountiful and restful holiday…
Dr. Dawson and the Minuteman Leadership Team
A special thank you to the following companies that are providing Co-Op work experiences to our current students. We anticipate this list to grow in the coming months!
- A9 Green of Lexington
- Abcam of Waltham
- Akian Plumbing of Watertown
- American Alarm of Arlington
- Atlantic Plumbing and Heating of Brookline
- Basnett Plumbing and Heating of Littleton
- Bright View Senior Living of Arlington and Billerica
- Cavicchio’s Greenhouses of Sudbury
- Chase Plumbing of Burlington
- Cummings Properties of Woburn
- DermPhysicians of New England of Woburn
- Fresh Picks Café at Minuteman
- Goddard School of Lexington
- Herb Chambers Autos of Burlington
- Kistler and Knapp Builders of Acton
- Lexington Golf Club
- Lilac and Rose Baking Company at Pemberton Farms of Cambridge
- Magic Garden Children’s Center of Lincoln
- MGH Harvard
- Mouradian Plumbing of Arlington
- O’Shea Energy of Reading
- Pemberton Farms Marketplace of Cambridge
- Pigott Electric of Arlington
- Pine Brook Country Club of Weston
- Preferred Electric of Wilmington
- Prime Builders Inc. of Boston
- R.J. Curly Plumbing of Hudson
- Razor Tools of Woburn
- Shattuck Heights Ace Hardware of Arlington
- Sparx Hockey of Acton
- Station Row Salon of Newton
And thank you to our many higher education partners, including:
- Middlesex Community College
- UMass Lowell
- Stockbridge School of Agriculture at UMass Amherst
- Keene State College
- Fisher College
- New England Carpenter’s Training Fund