Letters to Families
August 18, 2022
Greetings Returning Students & Families!
I hope this note finds you healthy, safe, and eager to start the 2022-2023 school year. Together we make Minuteman “High School Revolutionized!” After years of coping with the coronavirus pandemic, we are now poised to ascend to greater heights of achievement.
We welcome Dr. Kathleen A. Dawson as our new Superintendent. Dr. Dawson comes to us with vast experience designing educational programs that bolster results, making her the perfect fit for Minuteman, because we are driven by results and ready to realize more. You will see her in the halls, saying hello, asking about your day, and working hard to ensure Minuteman affords us the best experience possible. Introduce yourself and help us welcome her to our school.
Please stay alert for emails with detailed information about the start of school but for now, here are a few reminders.
- Monday, August 29th is our New Student Orientation (primarily ninth-graders) with a 12:30 PM dismissal time. New students meet their teachers and learn about the school.
- Tuesday, August 30th is the first day of school for all students. Grades 10 and 12 start in their career programs while grades 9 and 11 will begin in academic classes.
- You can now enter our Aspen portal to view student schedules. Log-in credentials are the same as last year.
- Bus routes will be posted on our website by Wednesday, August 24th. You will receive an email when this information is available.
- Sports teams have also started practicing. If you need more information about fall sports, visit: https://www.minuteman.org/departments/athletics/fall-sports
- Fresh Picks Café now manages our Food Service Program. This is a local company that provides wholesome, quality meals. Along with a revitalized menu, they use a variety of technology for greater convenience.
- Our 2022-23 school calendar and daily class schedules are now posted on our website.
- Supply List: A suggested supply list for students is on our website.
- Please bookmark minuteman.org/parents and minuteman.org/students for easy access to links, you will frequently use.
Finally, as a reminder, students who feel sick should stay home. If you test positive for COVID-19, you cannot come to school for the first five days, and you are required to wear a mask indoors for the following five days. We all play a role in helping to stop the spread of the coronavirus and other illnesses. Visit minuteman.org/covid19 for more information.
We look forward to seeing you again! Let’s make this year a historic year of excellence!