Superintendent Search Process 2021-22
The Minuteman Regional Vocational Technical School District has launched a formal search process for a Superintendent-Director to begin leading the district in July 2022. Current Superintendent-Director Edward A. Bouquillon, Ph.D., announced he would retire at the end of the 2021-22 school year after serving in the role since 2007.
The Minuteman School Committee has appointed the Massachusetts Association of School Committees (MASC) to lead the search process. Any candidates or interested parties may contact Glenn Koocher, executive director of MASC, by email. (Candidates and interested parties are asked to only contact Mr. Koocher and not members of the Screening Committee.)
The Minuteman Superintendent Screening Committee is composed of 13 members: four Minuteman School Committee members, three Minuteman teachers and one administrator, two Minuteman parents, two district town officials, and one member of the workforce development community. All nine of Minuteman's district towns have a representative member on the screening committee.
- Dr. Kathleen Dawson, Deputy Superintendent of Orange County Schools, Hillsborough, North Carolina. (See resume.)
- Dr. Amy Perreault, Assistant Superintendent of Minuteman Regional Vocational Technical School District, Lexington, Mass. (See resume)
- Kevin McCaskill, Assistant Superintendent in the Office of Secondary Schools, Boston Public Schools, Boston, Mass. (See resume)
Each of the three candidates will spend the day at Minuteman on three Wednesdays in January. During their time at Minuteman, the candidates will meet with stakeholders for questions and take tours. On Wednesday, January 26, at 6:00 PM, the School Committee will hold a public meeting to discuss and vote on the candidates.
Here are the dates the candidates will be at Minuteman:
- Wednesday, January 5, 2022: Dr. Amy Perreault (View Full Schedule With Zoom Meeting Links)
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022: Kevin McCaskill (View Full Schedule With Zoom Meeting Links)
- Wednesday, January 19, 2022: Dr. Kathleen Dawson (View Full Schedule With Zoom Meeting Links)
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022, 6:00 PM: Minuteman School Committee Discussion and Vote
Here is the schedule for the candidates on the days they will be at Minuteman:
- 11:15 AM: Candidate arrives at Minuteman
- 12:00-12:25 PM: Lunch with Student Ambassadors
- 12:30-1:30 PM: Student Ambassador Tour of the Building
- 1:35-2:15 PM: Tour of the Campus with Assistant Superintendent of Operations and Facilities, Rich Ikonen
- 2:45-3:15 PM: Questions from Minuteman Faculty and Staff
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Questions from Parents, Students, Advisory Committee members, and Town officials (Virtual Meeting Over Zoom)
- 7:00-9:00 PM: School Committee Interview (In-Person)
We will share additional details soon on how to log into the virtual meetings. We encourage all stakeholders to share thoughtful questions for this important role.
We invite you to provide feedback on the candidates using this feedback form. The feedback will be reviewed by the School Committee prior to their vote on January 26.