- If your child has an allergy, which necessitates an EpiPen, they will be required to show the teacher or nurse the EpiPen prior to departing for the field trip. It is the responsibility of the student to carry the EpiPen with them throughout the field trip.
- If your child has asthma requiring an inhaler it is the responsibility of the student to carry the inhaler with them throughout the field trip.
- If your child has diabetes, the student will be required to check in with the nurse prior to departing for the field trip.
If your child requires medication during a field trip you may attend the field trip in order to administer the medication. If you cannot attend the field trip, the Minuteman School Nurse has permission from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to train a teacher to administer the medication on a field trip with the following conditions:
Medications and Overnight Field Trips:If your child requires medication on an overnight field trip please contact the nurse's office as soon as possible to discuss. All medications for an overnight field trip must be disclosed on an In-State OR Out-of-State Field Trip Medication Form. If you have any questions please contact our office at 781-861-6500 x7499 or email@example.com.
- A parent/guardian must contact the nurse if medication is required during a field trip/project.
- A parent/guardian must provide the medication in a labeled pharmacy prescription bottle.
- A parent/guardian must provide a completed Medication Permission Form (found on the Medication page) for each medication.