The Superintendent’s Perspective on the New SchoolEdward A. Bouquillon, Ph.D.Superintendent, Minuteman High School
Thank you for your interest in learning more about the Minuteman building project. I’ve gathered some information that you might find useful in evaluating the merits of building – or not building – a new Minuteman High School.
I put together this information to provide you with facts, and to give you my personal perspective on how I view the project. I recognize that not everyone may come to the same conclusion as I have.
However, as School Superintendent I have an obligation to let you know my viewpoint on a major issue like this one, and to provide you with sufficient information so that you, too, can weigh the pros and cons, draw your own conclusions, and make an informed decision.
- Here’s a very quick list of the major strengths and benefits of the project – as I see them (click here).
- For more detailed information covering virtually every aspect of the project, please click here.
- If you’d like to see our students talking about their experience at Minuteman, please click on this video.
- If you’d like to learn more about Minuteman and what gives our alumni a “competitive advantage” when they graduate, please watch this video.
- Here is a great piece from The Boston Globe that discusses the “revolution” at Minuteman.
To see a copy of a brochure that we developed for area Town Meetings that shows the tax impact on individual towns, click here.
If you have any further questions about the building project, please look on the “School Building” pages of this website. There, we have stored about seven years of studies, agendas, meeting minutes, technical and engineering reports, announcements, communications, and a host of other information.
Finally, also feel free to contact me directly. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also reach me on Twitter: @DrBMMHS or by phone at 781-861-6500, ext. 7301.