While some Minuteman students may decide to go directly to college or other postsecondary training after graduation, others may wish to start their successful careers immediately.
Our Guidance Department is here to partner with all students and their families to thoroughly prepare for either step, based on student’s individual needs and goals.
For those students who wish to start their careers immediately following graduation, the Guidance Department utilizes Naviance/Family Connection. This program is a career counseling tool. It can be accessed at NavianceAdditionally, the guidance department recommends students explore the following resources:
- U.S. Department of Labor: State occupational employment and wage estimates for Massachusetts.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook has information about different careers.
- Vocational Information can be viewed here.
- College Board has information about career exploration.
- My Future.com has information on finding a job, independent living, internships and joining the military.
- College Surfing Browse schools by career interests and programs.
- Career Explorer Career aptitude tests and assessment.
- Job Corp MA Job Corps Center program offerings and directions.
Union Apprenticeship Directory - This Directory lists information regarding local unions, contact information and each application process.