Important Field Trips/Offsite Project Health Acknowledgment
- All students must have a Field Trip Health Information Form completed for all field trips/off-site projects.
- If your child has an allergy, which necessitates an EpiPen, they will be required to show the teacher or nurse the EpiPen prior to departing for the field trip. If they do not have their EpiPen, they will not be able to attend the field trip. It is the responsibility of the student to carry the EpiPen with them throughout the field trip.
- If your child has asthma requiring an inhaler it is the responsibility of the student to carry the inhaler with them throughout the field trip.
- If your child has diabetes, the student will be required to check in with the nurse prior to departing for the field trip.
If your child requires medication during a field trip you may attend the field trip in order to administer the medication. If you cannot attend the field trip, the Minuteman School Nurse has permission from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to train a teacher to administer the medication on a field trip with the following conditions:
- A parent/guardian must contact the nurse if medication is required during a field trip/project.
- A parent/guardian must provide the medication in a labeled pharmacy prescription bottle.
- A parent/guardian must provide a completed Medication Permission Form for each medication.
- Please provide only the exact amount of the medication needed.
- All medications need to be delivered to the nursing office at least 2 days prior to field trip by a parent/guardian.